Hair Loss Consultation
What to expect from your hair loss consultations
A practitioner will spend 75 minutes which will include going through your full medical history and discuss every aspect of your lifestyle including: diet, stress, medications and the issue with your scalp.
The condition of your hair can tell a lot about your lifestyle. Hair that is full and shiny is typically an indicator of a healthy lifestyle whereas dull and lifeless hair can be linked to a stressed, unhealthy lifestyle.
Sometimes blood work may be requested which can be done through your doctor or through the clinic itself.
The kinds of questions we ask are generally things such as:
- Timeline of your hair loss – when did it start, how has it progressed since, what have you tried so far to attempt to resolve it, what has helped, what has not
- Your general health – medical conditions you suffer from that your GP treats such as hypertension, hypothyroidism, heart conditions, nerve conditions, auto-immune conditions
- Unusual health symptoms – strange or unusual symptoms not treated by your GP, such as tiredness, dizziness, palpitations
- Recent health changes – short-term illnesses, viruses, short periods of acute illness, surgery, accidents
- Medications – long or short term medications used within the last 12 months
- Supplements – vitamins, minerals, herbs, pills or potions you take regularly or recently
- Diet – what do you eat, how often you eat, any special eating plan, weight loss plan or food exclusion plan
- Digestion – bloating, wind, indigestion, IBS, constipation
- Family History – genetic links or any other family members who have been affected by the same condition.
- Nails – are your nails weak, pitted, ridged
- Stress – major incidences or chronic stress during the time period that is relevant to your complaint
- Blood tests – it is really useful to bring a copy of any recent blood tests with you to your hair loss consultation, even if they are all normal. This is most relevant in hair loss complaints. You can read more about which blood tests are most helpful further down this page under diagnostic tests.
The more talkative and forthcoming you are during your hair loss consultation, the easier it is to give an accurate diagnosis and to get treatment recommendations right.
By the end of most hair loss consultations, We will be able to tell you what hair loss or scalp problem is and what has caused it. This information will follow with what you can do, should do or need to do about it or your ‘plan of action’.
Recommendations may include lifestyle or habit changes, diet changes, supplement recommendations, topical treatments, scalp treatments, clinic scalp or hair treatments, laser treatment and referrals to other specialists.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.